Why?
Why don’t the fingers stay in place while I type?
Why can’t I dice the red pepper?
Why can’t I read what the hand wrote?
Why can’t I tie the shoe laces?
Why don’t the lips smile?
Why do I feel like I’m walking through quick sand and slowly sinking?
Why am I restless at 3:00 am walking the hall with the grouchy bear hallucination
Why? Why? Why?
In my head I know the answer but my heart doesn’t want to agree.
Don’t try to pacify me, dear hubby, it is NOT old age! It’s Parkinson’s Disease and-
I HATE IT!
OK-said it. Feel better. I’ve learned there are times when you must allow the pent up emotions to escape. Let the lion out of the cage and encourage him to roar. Or cry until dry on hubbies shoulder. Then return to what you know to be true:
“We glory in our sufferings which produce perseverance; perseverance character; and character hope. And hope does not put us to shame because God’s love has been poured into our heart through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.” Romans 5:3-5
The question is not why but why not?
No comments:
Post a Comment