Saturday, December 6, 2014

"Imagination!"

In November of this year Hunter and I had the privilege of spending a week with some of our grandchildren at Disney World. We parked our motorhome in their convenient campground and met Jacob, Stacia, Keaton, and Beckham everyday at varioius locations around the gigantic park. Years ago we had taken our three chldren there so it was fun to see the changes. Yet the most magical times for me were watching the two grandsons engage their imagination and giggle with delight as their minds were bombarded with "big" characters, joyful dancing parades, and new entertainment around every corner. Disney must be experienced through the imagination of a child!





















I am ending this blog with a question for the grownups: Where is your imagination? Is it dried up like I fear mine is sometimes? Just spend a few moments on the floor with blocks and plastic zoo animals and you will discover that there are still a few drops of imagination left in the shriveling brain!
In reading my Bible recently I reflected on the fact that God does want us to keep alive a bit of that imagination gift He gave us until the "very" end. How else can we picture heaven without some imagination? I love to imagine the design of the mansion Jesus promised me in John 14:2. And, wow, I often imagine and long for my new body (2 Corinthians 5:1-3),  especially as this one is in need of many repairs!
I guess the lesson here is enjoy and continue to cultivate God's gift of imagination!

1 comment:

Becky Juett Miller said...

Enjoyed reading some of your blog. Do you still do the mission work and still have the motor home. Come see us!