Yes, that is exactly what we did today-hiked in snow on July 25th in Glacier National Park and what a great day! This hike, to Hidden Lake, was 3 miles of rocks, snow, and switchbacks galore as went up and over a ridge to descend into the valley which nestled a "mirror glass" crystal lake. There are moments when it becomes necessary to challenge our bodies and push a bit closer to the limit. As I looked over the ridge down to the lake I knew this was such a moment for me. What a rush to reach the lake and then to ascend and return to the car after 6 miles of hiking, feeling elated and greatful that God continues to bless us with health.
There is no place like Glacier!!
1 comment:
Your travels make me long for us to go west ourselves. In October we'll go east to Israel with our church group during fall break from school. This is David's last year of teaching ... I think for real this time.
Looks like you're having a ball exploring our nation. God's blessings on all you do.
tstrand200@gmail.com
Post a Comment