My morning begins with a "wake-up" lick from Ruthie, the yorkshire terrier, followed by a trip outside to accommodate her "needs".

Next I begin making coffee for my sleepy eyed daughter, who has been up nursing Christian a large portion of the night. I set the table for a hearty breakfast while she cuddles her son as well as her "jealous puppy".
The morning hours are occupied with such activities as bath time and laundry.
While baby and mommy nap, Grandma bakes bread and cookies, sure to please everyone, including Branden & Brooke who live around the block and frequently visit to hold their nephew.

After lunch Grandma takes a break to read Christian to sleep. Yes, I believe in reading even before they can understand the words!
The day is generally not complete without errands to run and baby things to buy. Christian's newborn sleepers were too big! We had to locate "just born" clothing for our little guy as well as more baby wipes and diapers. How many times a day can a six pound infant "fill" his pants? MANY!
In the afternoon I work on some aspect of the nursery. The letters are up and now onto the curtains and the toy box.

As the day winds down I get my evening hug and am rewarded with a smile! (Most babies don't smile at 2 weeks old but of course Christian is a prodigy!)


The day ends as I climb into bed and prepare to share it with Ruthie. Yes, living with Rebecca means having to sleep with the dog, at least part of the night! Oh well, I'd sleep with a snake, I think, if it meant I could spend more time with my grandson!!


I am loving the "Grandmother Journey"!
2 comments:
I am lovin' your blogs! You have turned into a computer guru and I'm envious. Christian is, indeed, a beautiful little guy and what a treasure your time with him is for both you and Rebecca.
We had Book Club here yesterday and missed you. Were you the one who recommended "The Double Bind?" We had a spirited discussion about it and needed your input.
Keep up the blogging...
Love,
Betty
Great pictures!
We, too, read to our kids from day 1, it makes a huge difference! We are sending four of the kids' favorites to Christian, we wish we could be there to read them to him, but since we can't we're glad you are.
Keep up the blog, it's great--
Laura
Post a Comment