Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Food and Fun in Louisiana


More fishing-croppies are so yummy!!


Challenging teens to a game of ping pong and showing NO mercy!


I, too, am getting "into painting". Actually I am a very good trimmer!


Enjoying a beautiful day at Avery Island among the blooming azaleas.



King Cake-a Mardi Gras tradition. This is only one of the many "southern" dishes we have been enjoying. Others include- fried catfish, sweet tea, cheese grits, kale, collard greens, peanut butter pie, smoked mullet(fish), jumbalaya, frog legs, and of course crayfish!

Can't wait to see what we will experience in Arizona!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Great photos... You can tell you are a true northerner - it's Collard Greens. :) Too funny - especially since a lot of people here couldn't believe I had never had them before either!

Nancy said...

thanks for the correction! Actually I like them, especially kale!