Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Binoculars!

 The right "tool" for the right moment-binoculars-to see clarity and detail when looking long distances. We certainly utilized their "power" during our adventure yesterday in Alaska. We traveled to Whittier, where we boarded a small boat to explore the Prince William Sound. Our own personal boat captain provided us "play by play" descriptions as he guided the boat through the many estuaries and open water sections of this great body of water filled with glaciers, chunks of ice, and cascading waterfalls.




Wildlife abounds in this seemingly inhospitable area! With our binoculars we could zoom in on sea otters, eagles, puffins, sea lions, harbor seals and even a humpback whale breaching in the distance!

 


Every time I picked up the binoculars I was amazed at the imagines I saw. Sometimes I felt as though I could reach out and touch what I was viewing, although I would decline that opportunity even if it was offered in regards to the smelly, noisy, cantankerous sea lions! Ha!

In reflecting on the day God reminded me that he, too, has binoculars but they are a great deal more powerful than those I was holding. His "binoculars" see into my heart, mind, and soul. 
What does He see in detail every day as he uses them to look at me? Is the image He sees clean and white like the beautiful glaciers or a bit stinky and ornery like the sea lions? Something to contemplate.
Psalm 51:7 "Purify me from sins and I will be clean; wash me and I will be whiter than snow."



No comments: